Welcome to the University of Pittsburgh Institutional Review Board online application, OSIRIS (Online Submission for Institutional Reviews)
All new studies must be submitted through PittPRO, with the exception of sIRB protocols. All modifications will be submitted in OSIRIS until the study is approved in PittPRO.
Human Research Protection Office (HRPO) will be archiving all remaining active exempt projects as of May 30, 2020.
If the project is complete or you are no longer pursuing it:
- Open the project
- Click on the “Study Complete” button to submit a final report
If the study will continue after it is archived:
- Save a copy of the application, uploaded documents and approval letter for your files since you will no longer have access to it in OSIRIS.
IMPORTANT: If you need to make changes to your project (including the addition of new funding) after it is archived, you will have to submit a new application into PittPRO. Similarly, if you will be requesting Material Transfer or Data Use Agreements through MyRA associated with this project, you will have to submit a new application in PittPRO. There are a series of FAQs on this topic on the HRPO website: http://www.hrpo.pitt.edu/news-story/archiving-exempt-studies-osiris.
NOTE: FOR STUDIES THAT ARE NOT EXEMPT, FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR TRANSITION
OSIRIS Transition to PittPRO
- Create a New Study
- Re-create your OSIRIS application (copy/paste content from OSIRIS)
- On the Study Scope page, Item 10: Is this application being submitted to convert an approved study from OSIRIS to PittPRO (Tip Sheet)? Select Yes
- a. The Tip Sheet is a tool to help map the main sections of OSIRIS with corresponding pages in PittPRO
- Download the PittPRO Conversion form displayed in the beige textbox and upload into the OSIRIS Renewal Form section as requested
- Be sure and enter your OSIRIS study number (starting with either PRO or IRB) into OSIRIS ID section (email email@example.com if you need assistance)
- There may be new questions in PittPRO not previously addressed in OSIRIS
- For studies in Data Analysis Only or Long-Term Follow-Up, utilize the instructions found here: http://www.hrpo.pitt.edu/node/572
- Remove the footer from the OSIRIS consent form before uploading into PittPRO
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any any questions.
The HRPO website at www.hrpo.pitt.edu offers extensive information and the A-Z Guidance section provides details on specific topics to assist with preparation of the application and the conduct of your research project.