Welcome to the University of Pittsburgh Institutional Review Board online application, OSIRIS (Online Submission for Institutional Reviews)
The Human Research Protection Office (HRPO) will be closed for Thanksgiving on November 28 and 29, 2019. HRPO will also be closed for Winter Break from December 24, 2019 until January 2, 2020.
- Committee A: Tuesday, November 5 @ 3:00pm
- Committee D: Thursday, November 7 @ 2:00pm
- Committee B: Tuesday, November 12 @3:00 pm
- Committee G: Wednesday, November 13 @ 3:00 pm
- Committee C: Tuesday, November 19 @ 2:00 pm
- Committee H: No Committee H in November 2019
- Committee A: Tuesday, December 3 @ 3:00 pm
- Committee D: Thursday, December 5 @ 2:00 pm
- Committee B: Tuesday, December 10 @ 3:00 pm
- Committee G: No Committee G in December 2019
- Committee C: Tuesday, December 17 @ 2:00 pm
- Committee H: Wednesday, December 18 @ 3:00 pm
December 18, 2019 is the last full board meeting of the year. The agenda for the January 2, 2020 Committee D meeting will be sent out no later than December 18, 2019.
If your study is due for continuing review (full board or expedited) between December 18, 2019 and January 8, 2020, it is imperative that you submit prior to November 22, 2019 to ensure that there is no lapse in approval.
All new studies must be submitted through PittPRO, with the exception of sIRB protocols. All modifications will be submitted in OSIRIS until the study is approved in PittPRO.
IMPORTANT: As noted in the message that was sent to the research community on February 4, 2019, OSIRIS studies due for continuing review on or after March 15, 2019 will transition to PittPRO rather than renewing in OSIRIS. All non-exempt studies (unless in data analysis or long term follow up) will be required to transition. Studies that have been released from continuing review will be transitioned at a later time. It is important that studies be submitted into PittPRO at least five weeks prior to the expiration date due to the increased time required for review.
NOTE: Modifications cannot be made at transition time. However, documents no longer in use or study team members no longer involved can be removed. Once PittPRO approval is granted, the study in OSIRIS can be closed and a modification submitted if needed.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any any questions.
OSIRIS Transition to PittPRO
- Create a New Study
- Re-create your OSIRIS application (copy/paste content from OSIRIS)
- On the Study Scope page, Item 10: Is this application being submitted to convert an approved study from OSIRIS to PittPRO (Tip Sheet)? Select Yes
- a. The Tip Sheet is a tool to help map the main sections of OSIRIS with corresponding pages in PittPRO
- Download the PittPRO Conversion form displayed in the beige textbox and upload into the OSIRIS Renewal Form section as requested
- Be sure and enter your OSIRIS study number (starting with either PRO or IRB) into OSIRIS ID section (email email@example.com if you need assistance)
- There may be new questions in PittPRO not previously addressed in OSIRIS
- Remove the footer from the OSIRIS consent form before uploading into PittPRO
The HRPO website at www.hrpo.pitt.edu offers extensive information and the A-Z Guidance section provides details on specific topics to assist with preparation of the application and the conduct of your research project.
Email us with any questions using one of the email addresses listed under Useful Links or call us at 412-383-1480. Do not hesitate to contact us at any time as we are here to assist you. We offer consultations, pre-reviews, and training sessions.
Training Information: In order to access the IRB application, you are required to complete CITI training. Detailed information about training requirements is available on the Office of Research Protections website (www.orp.pitt.edu). All users must complete CITI training using the University of Pittsburgh CITI portal at www.citi.pitt.edu. Individuals who completed CITI training may be able to transfer modules by linking existing CITI accounts to the Pitt CITI account during initial creation of the Pitt CITI account. Note that all institutions define the modules required for training, and therefore you may be required to complete additional modules.